Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Adventures

I always assumed that because we stayed close to home for medical school, we would venture out of California for residency. I have idealized and fantasized about the excitement of moving somewhere new; the discoveries to be made! I mean residency is only a few years long, then we could return to good old CA to settle down and raise our family.
However, as it came time to begin applying to residencies, a lot of other considerations arose and we decided that I would only interview in California and Arizona. And as we prepared my rank list it became clear that we will likely stay in Southern CA.
My first thoughts about this are a bit of sadness at adventures lost, discoveries missed out on. But the more I ponder our situation, I realize that we have embarked upon an even greater adventure - one that requires lots of family support and the fellowship of close friends: PARENTHOOD!
With the recent birth of our son, there are many adventures ahead.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

bstoermer said...

You cannot imagine the adventures that Evan will bring into your lives. I remember life BK and I treasure life AK. I still remember a crazy little kid making a fort out of a refrigerator box and sleeping in it day after day in our backyard on Country Club. You even wall papered the inside!